- Simple rooms, equipped with a sink and with access to communal bathrooms and a shared kitchen in the building;
- “Renovated comfort level” rooms, with a shower-toilet-sink cubicle and an access to a shared kitchen in the building;
- Studio flats, equipped with a sink, a bathroom and a kitchenette.
All kinds of accommodation are furnished with a bed, a desk and/or table, a chair and a fridge. Unlimited internet access is also provided.
Exchange students :
A limited number of rooms (“renovated comfort level” rooms) from the CROUS is dedicated to exchange students. These rooms are generally located in the student residencies Boutonnet, Arceaux or Colombière. They can be booked online on Interlog, with access codes provided by the international relations office of Montpellier Management from June on. If interested in renting such a room, please mention it in your Moveon online application.
Upon arrival at the residence, exchange students will need to pay the rent for the entire stay. However, a payment in 2 instalments may be possible under certain conditions.
Non-exchange students :
To apply for student accommodation, non-exchange students have to follow the procedure implemented by the CROUS. More information can be found on the international page of the CROUS website. For more information, please contact the CROUS directly.
You can also find a great accommodation offer in the private sector. Shared accommodation, private appartment, student residence… We are giving you the keys for a successful research.
RENTING WITHOUT A GUARANTOR
In order to rent your accommodation, many landlords will ask you for a guarantor, a person who earns enough money to pay for your rent in case you are not able to do it anymore. The CLE (Caution Locative Etudiante) is a State insurance implemented by the CROUS. It enables students without a guarantor to have easier access to housing.
COMPULSARY RENTAL INSURANCE
All students must suscribe to an accommodation insurance to provide garantees in case of accidents. You can ask any insurance company, or your bank for information, as they can provide such policies.
FINANCIAL AID FOR PRIVATE OR UNIVERSITY HOUSING :
Exchange students can ask the CAF (CAF) for the housing aid called APL (Aide Pour le Logement):
- This aid enables you to reduce your monthly rent (around 80 euros for a room in a student residence), starting on the second month of rental, as the first month is called « mois de carence » (deficiency month).
- The application procedure is available in your student residence.
- The aid is applicable on monthly rents, two-week rents are not concerned.
> More information on the CAF website.