> No need to have a car when living in Montpellier. The public transportation system (buses and trams) operated by the TAM company is well developed.
- Tramways: There are 4 tramway lines that make Montpellier easy to get around.
- Bikes: There are 50 stations in the city where you can rent bikes 24/7, including 22 where you can pay by credit card.
- Buses: There are 30 lines that cover the whole city.
- Modulauto: It is a car rental service you can add to your TAM card. You can rent a car for an hour, a day, a weekend…
- 1 trip – valid for one hour trip with free connections on the entire public transportation network: 1.60€
- 10 trips – valid for 10 trips of one hour with free connections on the entire public transportation network: 10€
- 1 day – valid during 24h on the entire public transportation network, starting from the first validation: 4.30€
- 7 days – valid during 7 consecutive days on the entire public transportation network, starting from the first validation: 16.50€
- Yearly subscription for people under 26 year. Valid for 12 months: 196€
- Yearly subscription for all. Valid for 12 months: 470€
- Monthly subscription for all: 52.50€
- Monthly subscription for people under 26: 28€
> You can also get around in Montpellier by taxi. They are generally situated near the Gare St Roch central train station and at the airport. FARES: A 20 minutes ride costs around 20€ (day fare, from Monday to Saturday) or 30€ (night fare, Sunday and official holidays).