MOVEON ONLINE APPLICATION (2019/2020)
From the 10th April 2019, the students selected by their home universities to study at Montpellier Management (MOMA) within an exchange programme will have to fill in an online form on Moveon. The link is available here. You will have until the 15th of November 2019 to submit your application.
The academic calendars for 2019/2020 are available here.
Please, note that the classes of the 2nd semester of 2019/20 will start the week of the 6th of January 2020 and will finish by mid-April – beginning of May (exams included). You will have to arrive in Montpellier a few days before the start of the classes.
COURSES, EXAMS, ASSESSMENT METHODS, ECTS
Courses at Montpellier Management are divided into 5 academic fields (Management, Strategy ; Marketing, Sales ; Audit, Control, Finance ; Public management ; Entrepreneurship and SMEs). Most of the classes and exams are held in French (except for a few classes taught in English with exams written in English).
In France, students enrol for a two-semester program with a set of compulsory subjects. It is not possible to register for separate programs nor individual semesters. During a normal week, students have 25 to 36 hours of classes per week.
As an exchange student:
You can choose to:
- follow a whole programme like a French student, for one or two complete semesters (from L1 to M1);
- pick only some courses from L1, L2, L3 (1st, 2nd and 3rd year of Bachelor) or M1 (Master 1) depending on what is needed for your learning agreement. You CAN NOT choose sandwich courses (“licences professionnelles”, some M1) or courses from our M2 programs (2nd year of Master).
You may also follow some courses (30% max) at the faculty of Economics located on the same campus. To do so, you just need to register at our international relations office.
Feel free to take a look at :
- our academic offer (L1, L2, L3 and M1 only for exchange students).
- our academic offer in English 2019/2020
Please, kindly note that our L3 in Hospitality and Tourism Management is taught in Orfeuillette, located 250km away from Montpellier.
In terms of ECTS accreditation:
You have 3 options:
- choose to follow a semester as a whole, like a French student, with the number of courses and ECTS specified by our academic regulation;
- choose only a couple of courses per semester (for less than 30 ECTS per semester) and be credited the regular number of ECTS;
- choose the “light formula”: in order to make the constitution of your learning agreement easier, you can choose 6 compulsory subjects per semester (no optional subject), from our different programmes (only at MOMA). Each subject will be worth 5 ECTS (in this case, you do not need to take into account the ECTS credits mentioned in our academic offer).
In order to avoid timetable conflicts, we advise that you choose your compulsory courses from the same academic programme.
You will be graded on a scale from 0 to 20 out of 20 (20 being the best grade). You will be granted ECTS credits if you achieve a grade of 10/20 or above.
Exchange students need to complete their administrative registration once in Montpellier. In order to do so, you will need to bring along:
- a passport photograph;
- a copy of your passport or ID card for European citizens;
- a copy of your medical insurance that certifies that you are covered in France for the whole period of your stay (the European Health Insurance Card for European students or an international medical insurance for non-European students);
- a certificate of your liability insurance (covering all damages caused to goods or to a third-party);
- a copy of your official acceptance letter issued by our university (for students who need a visa).
A student card and a student certificate will be issued after registration.
Upon your arrival, please come to our International Relations office, located on the 4th floor of the B building (B416) of Moma, to process to your registration.